Saturday, January 15, 2011

Workouts

Some who follow me on twitter or have me on facebook, have heard me saying about the aches of the workout I just switched up.  They have been pretty rough  and my muscles ache in a good way.  I thought I'd list the last 3 I've done, for different body parts, any suggestions for changes/improvements would be welcomed.  Also something you all may wish to try as well, let me know how they work out for you. Also I am not listing weights, makes it easier to adapt to how much you can lift.

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Bench Press  1 set 15, 1 set 12, 2 sets 6
Incline/Decline Close Grip Press (super set) 3 sets 8
Dumbbell Flys 3 sets 12
Dips 3 sets 12
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 4 sets 10
Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs/Rolls Forward and Back 3 sets of 10
Dumbbell Punches 3 Drop Sets I drop down by 5lb incriments and do each one until fatigue then go down
Tricep Pushdown with Rope 4 sets of 15
Dumbbell Tricep Press Behind Head 3 sets of 15
Tricep Extension 3 sets of 15

Legs

Sumo Squats 1 set of 20, 1 set of 15, 2 sets of 10 Sometimes I'll super set this with body squats
Leg Press 1 set of 15, 3 sets of 10
Dead Lift 3 sets of 12
Body Squats/Deep Knee Bends 3 sets of 50 hold each rep at bottom for 2 seconds
Leg Curl/Leg Extension Super Set 3 sets of 15
Seated Leg Curl 3 sets of 12
Hip Abductor/Adductor Super Set 3 sets of 12
Wall Sit for 5 minutes

Back/Biceps

Lat Pull Down with palms facing in to put more emphasis on biceps 4 sets of 15
Cable Rows 4 sets of 15
Rows with Barbell 3 sets of 12
Iso Lateral High Pulldown 3 sets of 10
Chin Up 3 sets of 12 you can use the assisted pullup/chinup/dip machine if needed for this
Machine Cable Curl/Wrist Curl Super Set 3 sets of 20
E-Z Bar Curl drop sets 2 sets
Concentration Curls 4 sets of 12
Dumbbell Curls 3 sets of 15
Dumbbell Wrist/Forearm Curls palms up then down 4 sets super setted up/down until fatigue

I will usually get on the stationary bike for at least 60 minutes as well, doing manual or hill programs, or I go in the pool for some laps or maybe both.  Right now not able to hit the treadmill, but hopefully soon.  I also don't always super set some of the above listed exercises, or do drop sets, I just did those in the last 3 workouts I did for each body part.  I would like to note at the end of the leg workout doing a wall sit of 5 minutes will seem like an eternity and really add a crazy burn to your legs.  I also recommend adding calf raises on leg days, but right now I am not able to do them, due to injury.  As I say any comments or recommendations on this are welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. I should add that on Chest days I will do about 2-300 knuckle pushups as well during the day. Which is not easy after really working out hard.

    ReplyDelete